Business ethics / K. Praveen Parboteeah and John B. Cullen.
Contributor(s): Cullen, John B. (John Brooks) [author].Material type: TextPublisher: London, UK : Taylor & Francis, 2018Edition: 2nd edition.Description: 760 pages : illustrations ; 25.5 x 18.5 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781138745346 (pbk.); 1138745340 (pbk.); 9781138745339 (hbk.); 1138745332 (hbk.).Subject(s): Business ethicsDDC classification: 174.4
|Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Klingemann Library||BUSINESS -- Business, management||174.4 P213 2018 (Browse shelf)||Available||2018-0103|
EDITORIAL NOTE: 1st edition published 2012.
BIBLIOGRAPHY NOTE: includes bibliographical references and index.
MACHINE-GENERATED CONTENTS NOTE:
PART I: Introduction --
1. Introduction to Business Ethics --
2. Building Ethics at the Individual Level --
3. Ethical Theories 4. Stakeholders -- --
PART II: Stakeholders --
5. Primary Stakeholders: Employees --
6. Primary Stakeholders: Customers --
7. Primary Stakeholders: Shareholders and Corporate Governance --
8. Secondary Stakeholders: The Government, the Media and Non-Governmental Organizations -- --
PART III: The Environment --
9. Information Technology and Ethics --
10. The Environment and Sustainability --
11. Global Ethics --
PART IV: Building the Ethical Company --
12. Building Ethics at the Corporate Level: Managing the Ethical Climate --
13. Corporate Social Responsibility.
MACHINE-GENERATED SUMMARY NOTE:
"A foundational text for the modern business student and an essential instructor resource, this book presents a thorough and comprehensive introduction to business ethics. Taking a strategic stakeholder approach - one that emphasizes how important it is to balance multiple stakeholders' needs - students will develop the critical skills they need to analyze and solve complex ethical issues, while ensuring overall business success.
The second edition retains Business Ethics' strong balance of theory and practice, but incorporates several new features, including:
- Fresh cases ensuring students are exposed to the most topical real world examples
- A global view, with examples from international and emerging markets, and coverage of ethical standards from around the world
- An expanded chapter on individual ethical decision-making, as well as a new chapter devoted to ethical theory
- A renewed emphasis on the popular boxed features with more integration of newer case studies, and the addition of "Emerging Market Business Ethics Insights"
- The latest data on business ethics and ethics related issues from a variety of reputable sources
A comprehensive set of lecture slides, test questions, and instructor notes provide additional material for the classroom."
-- Provided by publisher.
MACHINE-GENERATED NOTE ABOUT AUTHOR(S)/EDITOR(S):
"K. Praveen Parboteeah is the inaugural COBE Distinguished Professor of Management and Director of the Doctorate of Business Administration program in the College of Business & Economics at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, USA.
John B. Cullen is Professor of Management and former Huber Chair of Entrepreneurial Studies and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs at Washington State University, USA. He received his PhD from Columbia University."
-- Provided by publisher.
CATALOGUING: copy descriptive cataloguing + additions/corrections + summary + contents, 2018-09-15.